With the growth of smart devices and mobile apps, pretty much everyone on the planet has a theory on how to devise a mobile application. Along with these thoughts comes the notion that it could be an instant hit, allowing the person to quit their 9-5 grind. There have been a few people who have retired on the money they made from designing apps, but for most people it remains merely a dream. I can’t tell you how to design the perfect app, but here are a few helpful tips:
- Work on the business and strategy aspects first, the coding and design will come in due time.
- Never underestimate the value of competitor apps. Find out what they do well, and where they fell short and use that knowledge.
- Set goals that are attainable, even in the worst-case. If your goal is to become a millionaire, you are setting yourself up to fail.
- You should have a complete goal chart in place to track your progress.
- Begin marketing as soon as your app is released, not after it hits stores.